Executive Assistant and Office Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
Who are we?
We’re a team of engineers, thinkers, and champions whose aim is to give technology language. Every day our team is breaking new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers that wish to harness the power of Large Language Models.
We're driven by ambition, as we firmly believe that our technology has the potential to revolutionize the way industries engage with natural language. Our strong technical foundation speaks for itself, with our team composed of world-class experts who have collectively accumulated hundreds of thousands of citations in academia.
The Cohere team is a collective of college dropouts, PhDs, alumni of big tech and scrappy start-ups, new grads and career pivots, who believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology. At Cohere, work isn’t the opposite of play, as we build the future of language AI with team members on almost every continent in the world, working from high rises, cabins, tour buses, and dog-friendly offices.
There’s no better time to herald the next step with us as we shape the future of Generative AI.
About the role:
The People Operations team at Cohere is looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast paced environment to help support our San Francisco office and leadership team. You will split your time in the role (roughly 70% as Executive Assistant and 30% as Office Manager). This position is based onsite (we’re located at 755 Sansome Street) and candidates must be available to be in the office 5 days a week.
As Executive Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and provide high value and impact in the Business Operations organization and the company as a whole. You will manage multiple executive calendars, travel coordination, team building, and various other projects.
As Office Manager for our new office in Jackson Square, you’ll manage everything from all the behind-the-scenes logistics to coordinating engaging team events in order to ensure an incredible employee experience. You’ll have a lot of responsibility in this role and you will be impactful in helping to design the new office and ensure our office culture is amazing.
- Managing the day-to-day schedules for 2-3 VP level members of the leadership team
- Coordinating internal and external meetings (think 1:1s, board meetings, partner meetings) and assist with documentation that may be required in conjunction with meetings
- Overseeing travel arrangements and logistics for our leadership team
- Working to identify new ways to add value and proactively take on tasks that can help our leadership team be more productive. We’re looking for someone who loves to optimize operations and processes and is equally excited to share their ideas with our team!
- Coordinating team events and offsites
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders while maintaining a strict level of confidentiality
Office Manager duties
- Opening, closing and managing the front desk reception throughout business hours, greeting guests warmly and professionally upon arrival.
- The overall appearance of our office, ensuring it is tidy and organized, particularly the common areas and kitchens.
- Creating a welcoming, engaging and comfortable environment for employees and guests who come into the office.
- Ordering, maintaining, and restocking office supplies, drinks and snacks.
- Managing vendor relations including cleaners, linen service, food vendors, etc.
- Addressing and managing any building and office-related issues (i.e coordinate repairs or maintenance).
- Have 2+ years of experience working as an Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant, with experience supporting the day-to-day operations of an office.
- Proven experience partnering with senior leaders in a fast-paced, growing, innovative environment.
- Experience managing multiple calendars, demonstrating flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust or prioritize schedules
- Professional level experience in with tools like Google Workplace (Calendar, Mail, Docs, Sheets, Google Meet, etc.) and Slack
Essential soft skills
- Have a hospitality mindset, you anticipate others’ needs and can work proactively to address them.
- Are a strong communicator, both written and verbal - and feel comfortable speaking to C-level stakeholders.
- Are highly self-motivated and exercise discretion, tact, and professionalism. Enjoys a balance of collaborative and independent work.
- Are detail-oriented, love staying organized, and stay cool under tight deadlines.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.