Senior DevOps Engineer, Internal Tools
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Who are we?
Our mission is to scale intelligence to serve humanity. We’re training and deploying frontier models for developers and enterprises who are building AI systems to power magical experiences like content generation, semantic search, RAG, and agents. We believe that our work is instrumental to the widespread adoption of AI.
We obsess over what we build. Each one of us is responsible for contributing to increasing the capabilities of our models and the value they drive for our customers. We like to work hard and move fast to do what’s best for our customers.
Cohere is a team of researchers, engineers, designers, and more, who are passionate about their craft. Each person is one of the best in the world at what they do. We believe that a diverse range of perspectives is a requirement for building great products.
Join us on our mission and shape the future!
About the team: The Internal Tools team creates delightful, efficient, and secure experiences for our internal and external stakeholders, which include annotators, members of technical staff, product managers and more. Join our team of builders who create tooling that will pave the way for the next generation of large language models.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, San Francisco, and London. We embrace a remote-friendly environment, and as part of this approach, we strategically distribute teams based on interests, expertise, and time zones to promote collaboration and flexibility. You'll find the Internal-Tools team concentrated in the North American time zones.
As a DevOps Engineer on the Internal Tools team, you will:
- Work with a small talented and enthusiastic team of software engineers.
- Build internal tooling (CI/CD, dev utilities) that accelerate the dev cycles.
- Contribute to delightful experiences for our user-facing products, meticulously crafting code for browsers and occasionally server code.
- Own and build a robust DevOps pipeline, our stack includes: ArgoCD, Github Actions, Terraform, and more.
- Collaborate and grow with your engineering colleagues of all levels through direct pairing sessions, architectural designs, documentation and talks.
- Identify and remove roadblocks to enable your team to increase its engineering velocity.
- Build resilient systems that are mission-critical.
- Keep up with the cutting edge and adopt new technologies to improve performance and reliability.
You may be a good fit if:
- You’ve shipped fast and snappy web apps loved by many users.
- You have experience shipping products with a large number of stakeholders.
- You’re comfortable with Terraform, ArgoCD, Github Actions or similar systems.
- You’re comfortable with the front and back end of the stack, and have previously worked with Next.js, TypeScript, React, and Python.
- You’ve mentored other engineers and are passionate about developing other junior folks.
- You have excellent communication skills and believe that documentation is a great way to get feedback and discuss technical implementations and designs.
- You’re excited to add new technologies to your toolbox and use them where it makes sense.
- You have the ability to take complex needs and goals and develop easy to understand explanations for all audiences.
- You’re excited about AI and have the motivation to scale a company.
- You have experience with Go, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, and/or Prisma.
- You have experience shipping and maintaining internal tools.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Weekly lunch stipend, in-office lunches & snacks
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.