VP, Growth Marketing - Remote
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Clari’s Revenue platform gives forecasting accuracy and visibility from the sales rep to the board room on revenue performance - helping them spot revenue leak to answer if they will meet, beat, or miss their sales goals. With insights like this, no wonder leading companies worldwide, including Okta, Adobe, Workday, and Zoom use Clari to drive revenue accuracy and precision. We never get tired of our customers singing our praises because it fuels us to help them continue to achieve remarkable. The next generation of revenue excellence is here…are you ready to achieve remarkable with us?
About the Team
The Marketing team’s mission at Clari is to lead the company and the market by defining and dominating our category. Our team’s purview spans all things marketing: — product marketing, demand gen, content, events, brand, AR/PR, ops — and partners closely with our field sellers, competitive, enablement, and value engineering teams. We’re responsible not just for creating high-velocity pipeline, but also for supporting the programs and trainings that help turn pipeline into revenue.
About the Role
Clari’s Marketing team is on a mission to lead the company and the market by defining and dominating our category. The revenue technology space has never been hotter or more competitive, and our marketing team is responsible for creating and capturing the demand that supports our ambitious revenue growth goals. As Clari’s Revenue Platform continues to add products and capabilities, the markets, industries, and personas we serve continue to grow. As a result, so too does the complexity of our marketing machinery.
As the Vice President, Growth Marketing, you’ll be responsible for driving high-velocity pipeline to support and exceed the company’s revenue targets. Your purview includes growth marketing, account-based marketing, marketing operations, performance marketing, and marketing events. You’ll work closely with cross-functional executives and teams across the GTM and product organizations, and you’ll report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Strategy & Planning: Develop and execute a comprehensive demand generation strategy aligned with the company's growth objectives. Create and manage the marketing plan and budget to achieve demand generation goals. Connect this growth marketing strategy directly to quarterly & annual revenue plans, as well as the company’s broader category strategy
- Team Leadership and Management: Build, lead, and manage a high-performing demand generation team. Set clear goals and objectives for team members and provide mentorship and guidance
- Full Cycle Demand Generation: Develop and implement lead generation programs using various channels, including digital marketing, content marketing, email marketing, SEO, SEM, and social media. Monitor lead quality and conversion rates, and optimize lead generation efforts accordingly. Drive rigor of execution, and improve velocity of tests, agility, and insight feedback loops
- Marketing Technology Stack: Select, implement, and manage marketing technology tools, including marketing automation and CRM systems, to support demand generation efforts. Leverage data and analytics to make data-driven decisions and optimizations at the intersection of the marketing and sales teams
- Campaign Management: Plan and execute demand generation campaigns, including webinars, events, email marketing, and online advertising. Measure and analyze campaign performance and adjust strategies accordingly
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Monitor and report on key demand generation KPIs and metrics, such as conversion rates, pipeline growth, and ROI. Provide regular updates to the executive team on demand generation performance. Run periodic, full transparency review sessions with all marketing sub-teams
- Budget Management: Plan & manage the growth marketing budget effectively, ensuring resources are allocated efficiently to maximize ROI. Develop strong relationships with Finance counterparts for modeling, tracking, and reporting
- Sales and Marketing Alignment: Collaborate closely with the sales team (new logo acquisition as well as customer retention & expansion) to ensure the alignment of marketing and sales efforts. Develop lead scoring and lead nurturing processes to improve the quality of leads passed to the sales team
- Proven leader with deep experience leading global demand generation and growth marketing campaigns, across multiple marketing sub-functions
- 10+ years of work experience in demand-based marketing (B2B or B2C)
- Deep understanding of category design and creation, with a strong POV on how growth marketing programs help win the category
- Demonstrated ability to operationalize multiple world-class teams and manage multi-million dollar budgets
- Impeccable quantitative ability and analytical skills. High affinity for drawing insights out of numbers. Proof of rigorous process around metrics, data, insights, and action
- Full of curiosity and creativity, willing to take risks, ability to think and execute differently. Comfort with generating and testing new tactics
- Strong project management and organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong ability to work cross-departmentally to prioritize multiple initiatives with conflicting priorities and stakeholders
Perks and Benefits @ Clari
- Remote-first with opportunities to work and celebrate in person
- Medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, Life insurance, and EAP
- Mental health support provided by Modern Health
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Well-being and professional development funds
- Retirement 401(k) plan
- 100% paid parental leave, plus fertility and family planning support provided by Maven
- Discretionary paid time off, monthly ‘take a break’ days, and Focus Fridays
- Focus on culture: Charitable giving match, plus in-person and virtual events
It is Clari’s intent to pay all Clarians competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair, and equitable. The goal of Clari’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees and encourage employees to stay and grow at Clari.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to specific work location, skill set, depth of experience, education and certifications.
The salary range for this position is $275,000 to $375,000. The compensation package for this position also includes stock options and company-paid benefits, including well-being and professional development stipends.
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about being remarkable. To Clari, remarkable means many things. We believe in providing interesting and meaningful work in a nurturing and inclusive environment. One that is free from discrimination for everyone without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work-life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work for several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
If you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we want you to apply! Clari believes in hiring people, not just skills. If you are passionate about learning and excited about what we are doing, then we want to hear from you.
Clari focuses on culture add, not culture fit. One of our values is One with Customers, and we know we can serve them better when we involve as many different perspectives as possible. Our team is made stronger by what makes you unique, so we hope you’ll bring your whole self to the job.