Staff Software Test Engineer - Remote
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2023
Clari’s Revenue platform gives forecasting accuracy and visibility from the sales rep to the board room on revenue performance - helping them spot revenue leak to answer if they will meet, beat, or miss their sales goals. With insights like this, no wonder leading companies worldwide, including Okta, Adobe, Workday, and Zoom use Clari to drive revenue accuracy and precision. We never get tired of our customers singing our praises because it fuels us to help them continue to achieve remarkable. The next generation of revenue excellence is here…are you ready to achieve remarkable with us?
About the Team
The Engineering team at Clari is an Agile shop that practices Scrum across all of our teams. We layer in coordination practices such as Big Room Planning to stay aligned to Clari’s KPIs quarterly across sites and teams. If you love working in an Agile environment that values collaboration and continuous improvement then we can’t wait to meet you.
About the Role
We are looking for a Staff Software Test Engineer to join the Engineering team and lead efforts to modernize our existing quality assurance methodology. You will be instrumental in driving the test automation strategy, test design and development, release management, and test data setup for configurations, and for a specific product domain. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects involving data management, API test design and web based UI testing.
The ideal candidate is passionate about automation, code quality, test optimization, and integration testing, while also striving to improve the quality assurance process, identify areas of enhancement, and increase automation across the spectrum. You thrive on enabling other engineers to ship better code faster. You have also tech-lead a quality assurance team and worked with other QAs and developers across multiple teams and product areas.
We develop Enterprise SaaS products, powered by AI and Analytics to transform how businesses run revenue. Our products are 100% cloud-native, built using reliable tools and technologies such as Java, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and AWS. Expertise in at least some of these areas is a requirement and familiarity with TypeScript, Kotlin, and other databases is a huge plus.
We're a collaborative team that genuinely enjoys working together with a cross-functional group of product managers, designers, backend, frontend, mobile, automation, and quality engineers to make Clari a better product. We’re looking for engineers who enjoy building great products with simplicity, usability, scalability, and reliability in mind.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Build testing frameworks to ensure our Platform Infrastructure is reliable, resilient, and extensible
- Lead efforts to improve and evolve our testing strategies
- Work to streamline the automation in a CI/CD pipeline
- Support the QA automation team through mentoring and problem-solving
- At least 10 years of experience in engineering teams and backend software automation testing
- At least 3 years of experience as a Test Lead
- Experience creating test automation frameworks from ground up and running them at scale
- Strong automation experience in testing REST APIs, big data using complex queries
- Experience in Test frameworks like Cypress, Playwright, and RestAssured.
- Experience in testing tools like TestNG, Junit, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Solid understanding of CI/CD and SDLC concepts: code review best practices, code coverage analysis, continuous test and delivery
- Exposure to microservices architecture
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills
- CRM/Enterprise software experience preferred
- SaaS experience preferred
- Knowledge of testing methodologies like Data driven testing preferred
Perks and Benefits @ Clari
- Remote-first with opportunities to work and celebrate in person
- Medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, Life insurance, and EAP
- Mental health support provided by Modern Health
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Well-being and professional development funds
- Retirement 401(k) plan
- 100% paid parental leave, plus fertility and family planning support provided by Maven
- Discretionary paid time off, monthly ‘take a break’ days, and Focus Fridays
- Focus on culture: Charitable giving match, plus in-person and virtual events
It is Clari’s intent to pay all Clarians competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair, and equitable. The goal of Clari’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees, and encourage employees to stay and grow at Clari.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to specific work location, skill set, depth of experience, education, and certifications.
The salary range for this position is $146,300 to $219,400. The compensation package for this position also includes stock options and company-paid benefits, including well-being and professional development stipends.
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about being remarkable. To Clari, remarkable means many things. We believe in providing interesting and meaningful work in a nurturing and inclusive environment. One that is free from discrimination for everyone without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work-life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work for several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
If you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we want you to apply! Clari believes in hiring people, not just skills. If you are passionate about learning and excited about what we are doing, then we want to hear from you.
Clari focuses on culture add, not culture fit. One of our values is One with Customers, and we know we can serve them better when we involve as many different perspectives as possible. Our team is made stronger by what makes you unique, so we hope you’ll bring your whole self to the job.