Casetext, Part of Thomson Reuters, is a fast-growing legal technology company tackling the $6 billion U.S. legal research market and advancing the cause of justice by empowering all attorneys to provide high-quality, efficient, and affordable representation to their clients. Our award winning research platform helps millions of users access and understand the law every month, and our AI-powered search tools are at the cutting edge of search technology.
About the Role
Casetext is seeking a DevOps Engineer to help satisfy demand for CoCounsel, our state of the art AI legal assistant. As a Devops Engineer, you'll help expand CoCounsel to new markets by streamlining its deployment process. You'll simplify our infrastructure as we consolidate our cloud providers, identifying the best offerings along the way. You'll identify unaligned practices across internal operations teams and help establish common strategies. Our ideal candidate is pragmatic and curious. This role is entirely remote, but you must be based in the U.S. and authorized to work in the U.S.
As the DevOps Engineer, You Will:
- Streamline the deployment of CoCounsel and its many dependencies.
- Consolidate cloud providers by identifying and migrating to parallel services.
- Identify and address unaligned ops practices across internal teams.
- Maintain existing build pipelines and deployments.
- 3+ years professional devops experience
- Recent experience with AWS
- Recent experience with Terraform
- Recent experience with one of Ansible/Puppet/Chef
- Recent experience managing Postgres or other relational DB
- Recent experience with Kubernetes/Helm/Docker
- Prefer experience with Python/Java, GCP and Elasticsearch, but not required
- Prefer experience with high throughput webapps, but not required
- Have the ability to write effectively and document thoroughly
- Low ego, collaborative and flexible
Salary Range: $110,000-$140,000, total compensation
As listed above, the salary range for this role's listed level is currently $110,000-$140,000. Compensation is determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data and geographic location. This role is also eligible for Thomson Reuter's Annual Incentive Plan as a part of our total compensation strategy. This role is 100% remote, but you must be a resident of the U.S. The salary range listed is for U.S. residents only.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k plus match
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness Benefits
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Incentive Bonus Plan (eligible for roles without commission structure)
- ...And more!
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.