Head of Recruiting
Who we are:
- Our name is inspired by Theodore Roosevelt’s ‘Citizenship in a Republic’ speech, which pays homage to the ‘(hu)man in the Arena’. To us, entering the Arena means committing oneself fully and accepting the risk of failure in the pursuit of an audacious, worthy cause.
- We’re a close-knit tribe of scientists and builders exploring the boundaries of how artificial intelligence can benefit humanity. If you share our passion for delving deep into real-world problems and solving them with fully autonomous AI, join us in the Arena.
What we do:
- Arena empowers businesses across industries to make high frequency, critical path decisions fully autonomous. Our products have helped some of the world’s largest CPG and manufacturing companies transform their sales and supply chains into increasingly autonomous, self-learning systems — unlocking efficiencies and resulting in better, more affordable consumer experiences.
- Arena knows that autonomy can help organizations tackle much more, from delivering critical goods and services more affordably, sustainably, and equitably to the world, to reducing green premiums on renewable energy to compete more effectively with fossil fuels.
About the role:
As Head of Recruiting at Arena, you will be responsible for evolving and scaling our recruiting function to attract and hire world-class talent who are passionate about creating real-world impact through AI. You will develop and execute recruiting pipelines for hiring critical but hard-to-find roles, partnering with hiring managers to craft the right sourcing, assessment, and offer strategies to win the very best talent. You will build, scale, and rely on processes and systems, while constantly looking for ways to update (or sometimes ignore) those playbooks to achieve your hiring goals.
You thrive on identifying and attracting top-tier talent that others struggle to hire, and you view it as your personal mission to make Arena the leading hub of AI talent in the world. You will bring the creativity, rigor, critical assessment, and drive to make that a reality, meeting Arena’s ambitious hiring goals while holding the high bar required to achieve that vision.
- Working full time in our office in NYC
- Passion for and demonstrated ability to recruit exceptional, world-class talent for hard-to-fill roles
- A track record of achieving recruiting outcomes at a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup
- Experience successfully building hiring processes from 0 to 1 and then scaling them, across multiple roles
- Data-driven approach to sourcing, assessment, pipeline management, and iterative improvement
- Proficiency architecting, operating, and continuously improving a scaled hiring process within modern, industry standard applicant tracking systems & outreach platforms
- Ability and drive to operate as an individually contributing full-stack recruiter, not just as a manager
It would be great if you have:
- Existing networks in AI talent communities, particularly in NYC
- Passion for AI and the humans building on the cutting edge
- Experience successfully deploying non-traditional sourcing strategies to reach hard-to-find talent
- Experience creating and leveraging talent branding to drive hiring objectives
- A knack for building exceptional candidate experiences
- 99% of the monthly premium for Aetna medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch every day via Sharebite
- Laptop and monitor provided
- Office supplies stipend
- Ramp Company Card
- Constant supply of snacks
- Continued education allowance (books, e-courses)
- Attendance to top conferences in their fields
- Global WeWork membership
The base salary range for this position is $130,000 - $185,000 yr. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to base salary, we also offer competitive equity and benefits packages.