Who we are:
- Our name is inspired by Theodore Roosevelt’s ‘Citizenship in a Republic’ speech, which pays homage to the ‘(hu)man in the Arena’. To us, entering the Arena means committing oneself fully and accepting the risk of failure in the pursuit of an audacious, worthy cause.
- We’re a close-knit tribe of scientists and builders exploring the boundaries of how artificial intelligence can benefit humanity. If you share our passion for delving deep into real-world problems and solving them with fully autonomous AI, join us in the Arena.
What we do:
- Arena empowers businesses across industries to make high frequency, critical path decisions fully autonomous. Our products have helped some of the world’s largest CPG companies transform their sales and supply chains into increasingly autonomous, self-learning systems — unlocking efficiencies and resulting in better, more affordable consumer experiences.
- But autonomous selling is just the beginning. Arena knows that Autonomy can help organizations tackle much more, from delivering critical goods and services more affordably, sustainably, and equitably to the world, to reducing green premiums on renewable energy to compete more effectively with fossil fuels.
How you will contribute:
- As a software engineer at Arena, you will build the next generation of machine learning software.
- We have 3 main areas of focus: Core Intelligence-ML Modeling, Telemetry-Impact & Algorithmic Health, and AI interfaces.
- You will be involved in building out functionality for all 3 areas.
- Working full time in our office in NYC
- Past experience with ML or ML adjacent systems
- Interest and enthusiasm for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Proven ability to write clean code
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Strong Intuition architecting, building, and scaling complex systems
- Collaborate with Product Designers, ML Scientists and external stakeholders to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Strong customer focus with ability to translate user requirements into good design
- Ability to take a project from scoping its requirements through to the actual launch
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
- 99% of the monthly premium for Aetna medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Laptop and monitor provided
- Office supplies stipend
- Ramp Company Card
- Continued education allowance (books, e-courses)
- Attendances to top conferences in their fields
- Lunch everyday via Sharebite
- Snack and self-serve lunch options
- If you need to jam after hours, dinner is always on us
- Global WeWork membership
- Annual Retreat - 2021 was in the Poconos!
- Quarterly company events
- Monthly team outings
- 35 E 21st St, New York, NY 10010 (4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W)
The base salary range for this position is $150,000 - $200,000 yr. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to base salary, we also offer competitive equity and benefits packages.