Sales Lead, SMB and Mid-Market
We are a hybrid, remote-friendly culture, with our company headquarters based in San Francisco. Candidates anywhere in the US are encouraged to apply.
Ambience Healthcare is building the AI operating system for healthcare, with the mission of supercharging healthcare workers with AI superpowers.
Over the past several years, healthcare organizations and health systems have been approaching a critical turning point: workforce shortages and clinician burnout are at an all-time high, cutting into already-razor-thin margins and posing critical operational challenges. Organizations are finding themselves under immense pressure to address burnout and increase access to care, all while maintaining profitability despite declining reimbursement rates.
Until now, they have been unable to find any viable solutions to this productivity and morale crisis.
Ambience Healthcare was founded after 2.5 years of R&D in large language model (LLM) technology to address one of the most impactful productivity opportunities in healthcare: clinical documentation. The most painful part of a clinician’s day consists of hours of late-night administrative work, writing detailed documentation in the medical record for each of their visits. The contents of each medical note are critical for reimbursement, compliance, downstream clinical quality measures, and for other care team members to understand what happened to each patient.
Ambience's flagship product, Ambience AutoScribe, is a best-in-class AI medical scribe that captures the nuances of clinician-patient conversation in real-time into comprehensive medical documentation within the EMR. On average, Ambience saves 16+ hours of tedious note-taking per clinician per week. Today, AutoScribe is available across 18+ specialties and is used by clinicians at leading healthcare organizations for every single one of their shifts.
For the first time in years, clinicians are able to get home on time for dinner without any documentation homework. And as a result, they now refuse to practice without AutoScribe.
As we experience unprecedented pull from the market for our products, we’re actively expanding our team of world-class talent across sales, marketing, product, engineering, clinical, and customer success functions.
At Ambience, you’ll be surrounded by an exceptional team of A-players who are kind, humble, curious, and deeply aligned with the core mission of improving the lives of clinicians and their patients, including:
- 2nd-time founders in healthcare who previously built a virtual care platform
- the author of a leading deep learning textbook
- co-founder of Cruise’s ML platform team
- co-founder of Rev.com’s automated speech recognition team
- Former principal architect at Palantir
- Founder of Reddit's web platform team
- former Head of Growth from a leading tech-enabled primary care group
As the Sales Lead, SMB, your mission is to scale Ambience’s traction amongst small and medium-sized healthcare organizations. You’ll be directly responsible for hiring, onboarding, and leading a team of full-cycle Sales Executives to win the SMB and Mid-Market space for ambulatory healthcare groups.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate as a player-coach as you build out the sales team; first excelling at the role yourself and then effectively coaching your team to consistently achieve sales targets for an outbound sales motion
- Hire, onboard, coach, and manage full cycle Sales Executives
- Establish the appropriate sales pipeline reporting mechanisms to accurately forecast revenue and manage the team accordingly
- Build a scalable and forecastable hiring, onboarding, and training sales engine
Who You Are:
- You have 8+ years of B2B Sales Executive, Account Executive, or Net-New Business Sales experience, 4+ years of experience hiring and managing highly successful enterprise sales teams with four to six figure deal sizes
- Bonus to have direct experience in sales leadership within the Medical Scribing / medical documentation solution space or a related product field within organizations that sell into the ambulatory or Health Systems market
- You have experience designing/refining sales, hiring, and onboarding playbooks (bonus if you have experience growing a sales team at the Series A stage)
- You have a track record of coaching a sales team to consistently achieve target quotas
- You have a demonstrated ability to resourcefully drive outsized outcomes, even on accelerated timelines and with startup-level resources
- You have the ability to articulate the value Ambience generates to multiple stakeholders within the decision-making unit, from the individual clinician through to the clinical leader through to the financial decision-maker
- You have the ability to manage a pre, during, and post-event and conference sales strategy
Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We don’t expect every candidate to have done everything listed above, but you should be able to make a credible case that you meet most of the criteria and are ready for the challenge of adding new technologies to your résumé.
The base compensation range for the role is: $170,000 - $225,000 in base compensation, with the addition of commission earnings, based on leveling and desired cash/equity split. Philosophically, we lean towards generous equity grants so that our team truly gets to share in the impact they create.
Are you outside of the range? We encourage you to still apply: we take an individualized approach to ensure that compensation accounts for all of the life factors that matter for each candidate.
Being at Ambience:
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology, on a product that dramatically improves the quality of life for healthcare providers and the quality of care they can provide to their patients
- Dedicated budget for personal development, including access to world class mentors, advisors, and an in-house executive coach
- Work alongside a world-class, diverse team that is deeply mission aligned
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, paid maternity/paternity leave, quarterly retreats, unlimited PTO, and a 401(k) plan
We’re fortunate to be backed by:
- Top-tier venture firms: Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Human Capital
- The best minds in AI: OpenAI Startup Fund, Jeff Dean, Richard Socher, Pieter Abbeel, AIX Ventures, and others
- Healthcare industry leaders: Optum Ventures, Martin Ventures, the Frist family, Randy Parker, Anne Wojcicki, Jay Desai, Nish Bhat, Eren Bali, and others