Information Security Lead
Adept's mission is to build Useful General Intelligence. We are solving open problems in AI in order to train models that can do arbitrary things on a computer, and we are solving open product problems in order to package these models into a form factor that best enhances human experience and performance.
We’ve recently raised a $350M Series B led by General Catalyst and Spark, on top of a $65M Series A in 2022 with Addition and Greylock. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as Chris Re, Andrej Karpathy, Root Ventures, Howie Liu, Dara Khosrowshahi, and others, and were recently highlighted by Forbes. Adept is backed by a coalition of strategic partners, including Atlassian, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Workday.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together in our San Francisco office.
For more information, check out our blog!
We are hiring an Information Security Lead to help us build secure and compliant systems to accomplish our mission. You will work closely with people across the company to evaluate our systems, innovate on novel security problems, and improve our overall security and compliance posture. You will work on cutting edge AI research, with the Product teams that are building the amazing experiences around that research, and with the Go-To-Market team to get the results into the hands of millions of users around the world.
- Develop a deep understanding of Adept’s technology, customers, and workflows to ensure that our products meet a wide range of security and privacy profiles (F500, consumer, SME, etc)
- Assess security of existing systems, identify technological risk, propose remediation initiatives, and plan ahead for security at scale across our IT systems, HPC training cluster, and production infrastructure
- Evaluate security impacts of software designs and make recommendations on infrastructure improvements necessary to uphold a high security standard
- Partner with engineering and operations teams to improve internal and customer-facing security while setting up systems to ensure we can continue to ship changes quickly
- Leverage your experience and best practices to not only uphold but improve Adept’s engineering standards
- Interface with our Enterprise customer’s security teams to help them understand our product and how we keep their data safe
- You are customer focused with hands-on software development experience around writing and shipping code to solve customer problems
- You have experience building and delivering scalable and secure cloud based systems with a high proficiency in modern cloud technologies
- You are a security generalist with deep experience and passion for securing complex systems at enterprise scale
- You have a demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams (software engineering, operations, sales, marketing, IT, etc)
- You have knowledge of relevant security and compliance frameworks, standards and regulations (such as SOC2, cloud security, GDPR, ISO27001, etc.)
- You have the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to non technical audiences
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
- You have exceptional communication skills and can represent the company externally with customers and partners.
- You have experience leading teams
- You have experience growing and managing teams
- You have a B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have worked on ML / AI projects in the past
The pay range for this position in California is $250,000- $300,000yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage - 100% for employees
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time for exempt employees
- 4 remote weeks per year - work from anywhere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily meals for those in our comfortable SF office
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly