Adept's mission is to build Useful General Intelligence. We are solving open problems in AI in order to train models that can do arbitrary things on a computer, and we are solving open product problems in order to package these models into a form factor that best enhances human experience and performance.
We’ve recently raised a $350M Series B led by General Catalyst and Spark, on top of a $65M Series A in 2022 with Addition and Greylock. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as Chris Re, Andrej Karpathy, Root Ventures, Howie Liu, Dara Khosrowshahi, and others, and were recently highlighted by Forbes. Adept is backed by a coalition of strategic partners, including Atlassian, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Workday.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together in our San Francisco office.
For more information, check out our blog!
Adept thrives at the intersection of research and product. As a research engineer, you will play a crucial role in developing and implementing AI models, algorithms, and systems that solve real-world challenges. You will collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and researchers to translate cutting-edge AI techniques into practical solutions that address specific user needs.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong understanding of computer systems, a good intuition for the scientific method, and comfort with operating under uncertainty.
- Handle the hard challenges that arise when translating novel research ideas into production
- Brainstorm unusual data sources and figure out how to get them
- Build, operate, and maintain large-scale data and training pipelines
- Design and run experiments to improve our understanding of data and model performance
- Work closely with our modeling teams to build and source the best datasets possible
- Strong programming skills and a good understanding of computer systems more generally
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written
- Bonus: experience building and managing large scale data pipelines
- Bonus: experience with deep learning and running machine learning experiments at scale
The pay range for this position in California is $175,000 - $350,000yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. In addition to base salary, we also offer competitive equity and benefits packages.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage - 100% for employees
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time for exempt employees
- 4 remote weeks per year - work from anywhere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily meals for those in our comfortable SF office
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly