Major Accounts Executive
About the Role
Nothing Exceptional Was Ever Normal. We’re the world’s fastest-growing cybersecurity company dedicated to making the cloud a safer place for business and our Major Accounts team are critical to continued success. As a Major Account Executive you are the spearhead of Abnormal Security relationships in approximately 20 accounts.
- Sell Abnormal security solutions to ~ 20 Major Accounts (F500/ Global 500) within your defined territory with the goal to overachieve new annual recurring revenue quota
- Work Major Enterprise Accounts from initial conversations through signing a contract and up-selling once they’re a customer.
- Prospect and generate new business opportunities within Major Accounts to supply enough pipeline for them to hit sales targets.
- Work with customer success to ensure a timely renewal and expansion sale opportunities
- Continually document results and maintain accurate data across all sales systems (Salesforce, Highspot, Close Plan)
- Be a voice for the customer/prospect with internal teams including Sales Engineering/POV team, Product and Marketing to ensure appropriate prioritisation to close more revenue.
In this job, you will bring these skills
- Ability to hunt: disciplined approach to early pipeline development. Comfortable and have demonstrated ability to prospect into the region's largest enterprise accounts with the ability to leverage/balance five pillars of demand generation: AE prospecting, SDR, Marketing, Channel and Customer referrals.
- Good qualifier: Ability to uncover / discover customer problems pains
- Good presenter: ability to present and demonstrate value based off customer pain points.
- Disciplined in sales methodology / time management : Ability to systematically execute a disciplined sales process that can be repeated in parallel without sacrificing quality
- Discipline in data integrity: Ability to continually maintain data accuracy and consistency for all accounts & opportunities.
- Ability to develop and present a business case to a customer showing high ROI across different dimensions to multiple stakeholdersAbility to extract, document and organise lessons, knowledge and information about customersAbility to close and maximise the ARR of major accounts.
- Ability to guide internal stakeholders through their own internal buying processes
- Grit; ability to find success in an early-stage environment without all the resources/teams available to much larger organisations
- Good understanding of how to leverage other departments including Sales Engineering, Marketing, BDRs, Product and Customer Success.
- Enterprise Account Hunter: Demonstrated 5+ years of direct (vs. overlay) enterprise sales experience prospecting and closing Fortune / Global 500 enterprise accounts
- Proven track record of success closing new Major Account Logos, while also cross selling/ upselling and growing the existing customer account
- Skill in negotiating with large organisations and closing complex sales.
- Proven performer with consistent over quota performance and/or top 5% of sales org
- Technically competent: Conversant in key areas: security, email, cloud, AI, etc.
- Cyber-security Software sales: Experience selling subscription software/SaaS to CISOs and security personnel
- Start-up experience: Success at a company that was early stage, underdog or was a new entrant with large competitors or similar (limited resources-build territory including: channel, tech partners, initial customer wins, etc.)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience