Software Engineer - Back End
About the Role
At Abnormal Security, we are on an exciting mission to safeguard enterprises against a vast range of relentless email and collaborative application cyber security adversarial attacks. Our relentless pursuit involves crafting an exceptional suite of products that empowers customers to seamlessly visualize, expertly control, and fearlessly combat cyber-security threats.
Working at Abnormal Security will give you the opportunity to make a difference and produce impact while enhancing your skill set as an engineer. You will collaborate with talented professionals in engineering, research and development and innovate engineering solutions for the company.
We value engineers who are driven by passion and are excited to embark on this journey with us. We are actively seeking Backend Engineers with the following qualities:
- Growth-oriented, looking to increase impact, responsibility, and ownership over time
- Detail driven and care about code quality, testing, and performance
- Looking to grow as an engineer as part of a strong team, learning from established engineers, product managers, and designers
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work autonomously and asynchronously with remote collaborators and stakeholders
- Comfortable with test driven development, working as part of a large organization divided by standardized interfaces.
What You’ll Do
- Design and Development:
- Develop robust and scalable backend integrations with external applications
- You will be relied upon to own the delivery of complex features for a Standing Team -- to design, decompose, execute, and launch. You will play the role of a highly capable feature lead, able to take a clearly defined business problem, and design a technical approach to implement.
- Testing and Debugging:
- Conduct thorough testing of applications, including unit testing and integration testing.
- Use debugging tools and techniques to diagnose and fix issues in a timely manner.
- Support and On-call:
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by users or identified through monitoring systems and participate in on-call rotations.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Communicate effectively in Async manner with team members to provide updates, discuss challenges and propose solutions.
- You will be participating in code reviews to maintain code quality and in system design discussions.
- Continuous Learning and Improvement:
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing within the team and participate in professional development activities.
Must Have Skills
- 1-2 years of industry experience preferably working in Python
- Expertise developing production grade services from scratch
- Familiarity with AWS services and deployment practices
- Knowledge of containerization using Docker or similar technologies.
- Understanding of database systems and proficiency in SQL.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Golang, Kafka, Apache Airflow
- Understanding of Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing domains