Area Vice President - US West
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- 10+ years of Enterprise Sales experience with a demonstrated track record of success exceeding sales quotas selling security, networking and/or software solutions.
- 5+ years leading a sales team focused on growing new business and new logos.
- Strong hunter mentality: direct experience managing teams responsible for creating new demand, new customer acquisition, and sourcing new pipeline.
- A winner, someone who holds themselves accountable to consistent over-achievement.
- Successful experience closing complex Enterprise sales with multiple buying influences in new or emerging solution categories.
- Experience managing and closing deals of $200K+ as well high value transactions above $1m+.
- Experience establishing and fostering strong relationships with potential partners and customers at executive levels.
- Strong presentation and communications skills, competent translating technical features into business value.
- Familiarity and experience using consultative, value-based sales methodologies (Force Management, Challenger Sale, MEDDIC, etc.)
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a highly fast-paced environment.
In this job, you will bring these skills
- Recruit and hire a world class team of enterprise sellers & leaders, on time and on budget
- Clearly articulate, manage and enable enterprise leaders & sellers to hit all key productivity metrics and milestones of growth
- Instill a disciplined approach to pipeline generation leveraging all available resources including field sales, marketing, channel partners, and sales development to accelerate new business.
- Develop an overall sales execution strategy for the area under leadership resulting in strong execution and collaborative team selling.
- Partner closely with Sales Engineering Leadership to deliver outstanding product demonstrations and a repeatable technology validation / proof-of-concept program.
- Build a strong partnership with existing customers that focuses on value realization and customer retention delivered through high renewal rates, rapid upsell expansion, and customer referrals.
- Effectively forecast monthly / quarterly revenue to executive leadership through disciplined deal inspection and forecast methodology.
- Develop strategic relationships with existing channel partners and the development of new channel partners.
- Facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews to measure sales productivity, plan execution, and progress against strategic objectives.
- Identify, cultivate, and close new business at executive levels (CISO/CIO/CTO) in enterprise accounts within the designated territory.
Role Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Own responsibility for the sales teams in your defined area with the goal to overachieve new annual recurring revenue quota for the region.
- Work with your leaders and their teams to focus on selling to named enterprise accounts (>3k mailbox organizations) from initial conversations through signing a contract and up-selling once they’re a customer.
- Recruit and hire a team that meets the projected productive capacity of the area while staying within budget. Build and maintain a bench of future candidate relationships to stay ahead of team changes.
- Lead a data-driven business that develops each Leader and Account Executive in the most critical areas to advance their skillset and NARR results.
- Maintain relationships with key region customers to ensure timely renewal and upsell opportunities
- Be a voice for the customer/prospect with internal teams including Sales Engineering/POV team, Product and Marketing to ensure appropriate prioritization to close more revenue.